Governance of The Pavilion School - Management Committee
Governance of The Pavilion is through the Management Committee.
Members of the Management Committee
|Role||Name||Interests & Links||Tenure|
|Chair||Cllr Brian Salinger||Councillor, Barnet||4/12/2004|
|Joanne Kelly||Head Teacher, The Pavilion|
|Paddy McGrath||Head teacher, London Academy, Barnet||5/9/2016|
|Patrick Moriarty||Head Teacher JCoSS, Barnet||1/1/2010|
|Samson Olusanya||Head teacher, Christ's College, Barnet||5/9/2016|
|Dr A Terene|
|Parent Governor||Natasha Presley||1/9/2014|
|Lynda Walker||Head Teacher, Oak Lodge, Barnet||5/1/2014|
|Secretary||Lesley Narramore||PA to Joanne Kelly|
Current Vacancy: Staff Governor
ELECTION OF ONE STAFF GOVERNOR FOR THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Nominations are required for one Staff Governor to serve on the school's Management Committee for a four-year period. All members of the teaching staff and support staff (whether employed under a contract of employment or a contract for services) are eligible to stand for election and to vote. Nomination forms and some general information on the eligibility of staff governors are available from the Headteacher.
If you would like to stand for election, your nomination, supported by a proposer and a seconder, and accompanied by a short profile for use in the event of a ballot, should be returned to the Headteacher by MONDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2018 (The next meeting of the committee is Wednesday 28 November 2018 at 5.00 pm). If more than one nomination is received, then the Clerk will produce voting papers for a secret ballot.
- Staff Governors are elected by and from among both teaching and support paid to work at the school. Volunteers are not eligible. They may be staff employed under a contract of employment or a contract for services.
- Governors’ meetings are held at least once a term.
- Staff Governors are currently elected for a four year term of office
- A Staff Governor is disqualified from holding office on ceasing to be employed by the school.
- A Governor may resign his/her office at any time
- No one under the age of eighteen may stand as Governor.
- Any one convicted of a criminal offence or declared bankrupt may not stand as Governor (see declaration form).
- Failure to attend meetings for a continuous period of more than six months may disqualify a Governor from remaining in office.
- A Staff Governor (or any other Governor employed at the school) is not eligible for appointment as Chair(man) or Vice Chair(man) of the Governing Body or of its committees.