Safeguarding at the Pavilion
Web page "under construction"
The Management Committee has overall responsibility for ensuring that there are sufficient measures in place to safeguard students at The Pavilion.
Safeguarding has been reviewed during Autumn term this year. Here is a summary of the current Safeguarding approach at The Pavilion
- There is a well-publicised safeguarding team of 8 staff (5 of whom have received Level 3 Safeguarding training and 3 to be trained by end of Spring term 2017). This information is clear across all settings.
- All staff receive whole staff safeguarding training each term; they are kept up-to-date with statutory duties and best practice. This is recorded on the SCR.
- All staff have completed certificated online courses in PREVENT and FGM awareness training
- There are designated Safeguarding staff and a Student Support Manager who works closely with outside agencies.
- Students are regularly discussed across SLT and at daily briefings and de-briefings with all staff to ensure that there is effective information sharing and a high level provision and care.
- Some vulnerable students have individual risk management plans
- There are regular links and meetings with outside agencies such as YOTs, YPDAS, CAHMS and Social Care to discuss individual students and put in place educational and care packages.
- Staff have morning micro -training sessions each week to update skills and awareness on topics such as CSE; FGM; prevent; safeguarding
- Attendance monitoring tracks students on partial timetables and off-site alternative provision and this provision is agreed with parents/carers on an individual basis with parental sign-off.