Vacancies at The Pavilion
The Pavilion is looking for a well qualified, experienced science lead practitioner (or similarly qualified specialist science teacher) to support science across KS3 and KS4 over the first half term of the new academic year 2017 to 2018.
Please apply for the post by completing the Barnet application form and covering letter to the Head Teacher, Mrs Joanne Kelly.
Closing date: 21.07.17.
Level 4 TA Food and Admin
The Pavilion Study Centre
From September 2017.
The Pavilion is a Pupil Referral Unit serving the London Borough of Barnet. The provision was judged to be ‘good’ by OFSTED following the last inspection. We work with students who are on respite from local mainstream schools, students who have been permanently excluded from school, students referred medically and with students with high levels of anxiety. As a school we continue to strive to work with our local community and parents to improve our provision and the experiences for our young people. This is an exciting time for our school with a site re-build being planned providing bespoke and up-to-date accommodation for our young people based on their needs. The vast majority of our work is with secondary age pupils although there is an increasing needs to provide support and work with the primary age group.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Being well organised with attention to detail.
- High levels of motivation, imagination and enthusiasm.
- A strong team ethic and the ability to work well in teams.
- A sense of humour and an ability to engage members of the school community.
- An understanding and experience of teaching students with SENs.
What we can offer
- A supportive and creative working environment.
- Regular CPD opportunities.
- A supportive and friendly staff who have a focus on developing our young people.
- An environment where innovation is encouraged.
- An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of students who have found mainstream education difficult to negotiate.
- Being a part of a team with a focus on student progress.
Lead in Food and Admin Job Description.
- To plan schemes of work and individual lessons, deliver and assess the delivery of Food as a subject across the provision.
- Manage a budget and order food to enable the delivery of lessons; to ensure equipment is in place to teach practical lessons.
- Ensure the upkeep of the teaching space meets health and safety requirements and is fit to deliver lessons in.
- Introduce formal qualifications into the subject area across KS3 and KS4.
- Work in collaboration with the Line Manager and other teaching staff to ensure the effective delivery of food as a subject.
- Ensure formal reports on students and to parents, line manager/SLT are completed accurately, on time and in the correct format.
- To attend meetings as requested.
- To take on duties within working hours as requested by SLT within the remit of the generic Level 4 TA job description.
- Undertake additional administrative duties as part of the School’s Administration Team and assume other duties which may reasonably be required or delegated by the Headteacher.
- Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The postholder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons, for whom s/he is responsible or with whom s/he comes into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the postholder becomes aware of any actual or potential risk to the safety or welfare of children in the School, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer.
- Trained to HLTA/Level 4.
- Food Hygene certificate.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets to carry out calculations and analyse data.
- SIMS training as required.
Knowledge, Understanding and Experience:
- An ability to work effectively as a part of a team with colleagues and senior leaders.
- An ability to write reports and guidance for parents, colleagues and other professionals.
- The commitment to working positively with parents and students.
- Relevant and recent experience in undertaking tasks in school admin and reception.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use SIMS data package in an educational setting.
Apply by letter to the Headteacher and Barnet application form .
Closing date: 30.06.17. Interviews will be held during the week beginning the 3rd of July.