Respite and Intervention 2015-16
Our aim is to work in partnership with schools to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for students at risk of exclusion . We offer a high quality teaching and learning programme with a mentoring and a Behaviour Improvement Programme focused on students individual needs.
- Referral form completed
- Information to be completed by schools prior to initial meeting
- Meeting arranged with a school representative and parents/carers to set targets and discuss intervention requirements.
- Start date arranged with weekly review via phone/email
- Students depending on individual need will follow a Behaviour Improvement Programme or an Anxiety and Resilience programme this is co-ordinated and tracked by our lead learning mentor who reports directly to the assistant head teacher. At the beginning and the end of the programme all students will complete a skills for school audit which enables us to track progress in attitude. Progress is also tracked through a positive and individualised report system which students have responsibility for completing and through Integris with positive and negative reporting.
Alongside the BIP and ARP programme, intervention students will receive daily mentoring sessions which are recorded and co-ordinated by the lead learning mentor. The focus is around individual targets set on entry.
These students dependant on need and requirements will also have access to
- Small group teaching
- Broad Key Stage Three or Four curriculum
- Team building activities.
- Literacy and numeracy support
- Individual anger management
- Positions of responsibility
- Peer mentoring
- Art Therapy
- Individual counselling
- BYCAS (young carers)
- SRE workshops
- Risk Taking behaviour workshops
- Individual sessions YPDAS
- Group and individual Boxing programme
- Dogs trust and Equine Therapy
- Whole school enrichment programme .
- Careers focus future options
On completion of the programme there will be a final review meeting before reintegration which will include help in setting targets and achievable goals for returning students. Schools will also be provided with a summary document to cover progress towards the individual targets set and an overall summary of the programme followed and the progress made including assessment levels, attendance, behaviour summary and recommendations for students further development in school.